Now that there is a “Shelter in Place” order, our stores will still be open, and you will still be able to shop for groceries. To prepare for this phase, here are some updates and requests:
- New store hours starting Friday, March 27th: 11 am – 7 pm daily.
- Please limit your shopping trips by stocking up and shop alone, if possible.
- Please practice social distancing (about 6 feet) when in the store.
- At checkout, please keep social distance between you and the person in front of you.
Coming Next Week: Online Shopping
You will soon be able to shop and pay online and pickup your groceries curbside. We will send you an email announcement when the system goes live next week.
Protecting Our Workers
Our store employees are our most valued resource. They have been on the front lines for weeks, serving hundreds of shoppers each day. We recently installed plexiglass dividers at registers to help reduce exposure to the public during check out. We ask for your cooperation in helping to keep both you and our workers safe:
- Please minimize your interaction with the cashier. A wave and a smile are always welcome.
- If possible, please pay with a card rather than cash to avoid exchanging bills and coins with the cashier.
- Please bag your own groceries if you can.
- We are limiting the number or workers on the sales floor, which may limit our ability to answer questions. Please email questions
- Deliveries continue to arrive daily, including fresh fruit and vegetables.
- We continue to produce baked goods and prepared foods daily.
- For safety reasons, we’ve discontinued coffee service, sandwiches, and sliced-to-order deli meats.
- Although we have discontinued the food bars and bulk foods, a selection of those goods are still available in prepackaged, to-go containers.
In an effort to protect our seniors, we will do your shopping for you. Instead of setting dedicated senior hours, we will take your order online, shop, and load your groceries into your car. There will be no fee for this service for seniors.
A Note From Ruffin — Thank You!
We want you to know how much we appreciate our owners and shoppers. It’s been incredible to see how our community has worked together during this stressful time. Thank you, as well, for the kind words about our staff. I’m so grateful for their hard work. They have responded with excellence and kindness. Thanks to them, our community has access to local, healthy food. Please know that we are doing everything possible to keep our staff safe, while continuing to serve you, our community.
Ruffin Slater, General Manager of Weaver Street Market